Friday, May 20, 2011

Recent Reads #1.

Alright, folks.

Now that I FINALLY have internet at home for the first time since 2009 (how I lived without it, I do not know) I feel like I finally want to honest to blog BLOG. About a whole lot of things. My minds are full of ideas, and I'm just going to write them all out!

SO. Today marks entry numba one of what I'm gonna call:

RECENT READS.

Anyone I work with, or knows my reading habits, can tell you that I am a HUGE Charlaine Harris fan. I've read every single one of her books. So, whenever she releases a new one, I hole myself up in my room for awhile until I get through the currently pressed.

Charlaine's latest:



Um...I'm almost sad to write this, but I was HIGHLY disappointed. Sookie Stackhouse is probably one of my favorite fictional characters ever. (I am also a fan of the show, True Blood, that is based off of the books, even though this past season they went WAY crazy and ran off the beaten path of following along with the books storylines.) Anyway, I feel like nothing major happened in the plot of this book until the last 50 pages or so, and once the action started I was left with, "That's IT?"

I LOVED books 1 - 9, but I think book 10 & 11 (the current one) have just been very lack luster.

SIGH.

I'm beginning to think Charlaine is busting them out for money, and not for enhancing the story line. :(

Sad. If you're a Charlaine Harris fan though, I do recommend that you read it and see what you think for yourself, and not just listen to my opinion. I'd probably give it a 3 out of 5 stars.

Onward, to find a more exciting read!

No comments:

Post a Comment